Recipe by: Becs Lowe Nutritionist
This fragrant, warming, super quick and easy soup is perfect for any night of the week. You can change up the vegetables, the noodles and add different types of proteins for endless variety. It’s creamy, spicy and delicious, and the lime juice is a game changer. Enjoy!
Serves 4, Time 30 mins
- 1 packet noodles of your choice (rice, soba, ramen, spaghetti), approx. 250g dry weight
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 8-10 mushrooms sliced (button, brown or shitake)
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced or grated finely
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 litre low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 fresh limes sliced into wedges
- 1-2 spring onions thinly sliced
Cook noodles as per packet instructions. Rinse in cold water to avoid overcooking. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil then add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
- Add garlic and fresh ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes more being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add red curry paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetable stock, peanut butter and soy sauce (or tamari). Bring to a simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, red capsicum and broccoli. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add noodles to serving bowls and pour the soup and vegetables over the noodles. Top with sliced spring onions and a good squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- For more protein, add 300g tofu cut into cubes when you add the stock.
- You can use green curry paste instead of red.
- To make it nut free, use tahini instead of peanut butter.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.